Backend Developer - Magento
As a backend Magento engineer with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a fast-paced, high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable project managers, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on technically challenging problems. You will be responsible for innovating and developing high-performance Magento storefronts for innovative and reputable clients. We believe in our Final 1%™ method: with every step, we ask our engineers what more can be done to improve the build.
- Utilize understanding of Magento's code structure and extension architecture to develop sound technical strategies.
- Review, develop and implement innovative features and functionality for tools and modules based on client need.
- Optimize and troubleshoot application code as well as web server configurations.
- Ensure seamless migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2 as well as integration with enterprise systems or third-party APIs (Google, Stripe, etc.).
- Work with highly loaded Magento modules, complex architecture and business logic.
- Review commits for quality, security, scalability, and stability before they are committed to the live site.
- Proven experience with Magento 2.x
- Proficiency in object oriented programming
- Experience with API Development
- Experience with MVVM Pattern
- Experience with agile methodologies and Git-based source control preferred
- Understanding of eCommerce best practices
- English proficiency required
In our tightly-knit team, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. You will also have the opportunity to work in other languages and frameworks if you so desire. We offer competitive salaries as well as industry-leading medical benefits. Depending on the candidate, immigration support, relocation and signing bonuses may be available.