As a Backend Golang engineer with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a fast-paced, high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable project managers, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on technically challenging problems. You will be responsible for innovating and working on high-performance backend projects for innovative and reputable clients. We believe in our Final 1%™ method: with every step, we ask our engineers what more can be done to improve the build.
- Migrate a monolithic application to a modern, micro service-based application
- Develop event-driven components for this real-time platform to scale
- Test out modern technology to apply to our innovative and changing application
- Optimize and troubleshoot application code as well as web server configurations
- Review commits for quality, security, scalability, and stability before they are committed to deployment
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- 1+ years of professional Golang/Go experience
- Professional experience with backend frameworks such as NodeJS
- Experience in a cloud-based environment, ideally AWS
- QOR/Django experience is a plus
- PostGres or MySQL
- Experience with Rest APIs
In our tightly-knit team, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. You will also have the opportunity to work in other languages and frameworks if you so desire. We offer competitive salaries as well as industry-leading medical benefits. Depending on the candidate, immigration support, relocation and signing bonuses may be available.