DescriptionCompensation: $80,000 - $110,000
POSITION: BACKEND ENGINEER
As an engineer with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a fast- paced, high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable project managers, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on technically challenging problems. You may be responsible for maintaining single or even multiple code bases, developing server-side logic for next generation applications for innovative and reputable clients. We believe in our Final 1%TM method: with every step, we ask our engineers what more can be done to improve the build.
As a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. You may also have the opportunity to work in other languages and frameworks if you so desire. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and huge potential to learn. We offer competitive salaries, industry-leading medical benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability, and an impressive 401K matching program. Depending on the candidate, relocation and signing bonuses may be available.
- Design and build various high-performance backend servers in a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Architect and implement data models, API functionality and RESTful interfaces
- Develop novel techniques for maintaining high performance across scalable server architecture
- Manage and update existing code bases
- Utilize source control management such as Git
- Collaborate with other developers: iOS, Android, QA and management to develop high-quality products
- 2-4 years of software relevant experience required
- Must have Bachelor’s degree
- Communication skills are a priority
- Experience with at least one of the following is preferred: Go, node.js, data management, database I/O (Postgres or MySQL).
- Very Nice to Have: react.js, angular.js, vue.js
Work with some of the best Engineering talent on the planet.
Health - 100% Employer paid, no out of pocket monthly premiums (for employee only):
24/7 teledoctor and prescription service
PPO dental coverage
PPO vision coverage
15 paid vacation days per year
9 paid holidays per year
401(k) matching, up to 5% of base salary
Start each Monday with premium coffee, bagels, donuts and shoot the breeze with the team
Open, contemporary work space
Wifi enabled outdoor work space
Office coffee machine/snacks/candy/fruits/beverages
Weekly catered team lunches
Monthly happy hours
Ergonomic chairs and optional standing desks
Annual retreat - last year we rented a yacht, this year we went to Palm Springs!