Bookkeeper ( Part-time)
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper with Quickbooks expertise to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
As a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way that will consist of write up work for multiple cases and clients, which would include entering in accounts payables, accounts receivables, basic journal entries, maintaining various schedules as well as additional basic bookkeeping duties. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and huge potential to learn.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Generate invoices based resource allocation and match purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Assist monthly financial close in identifying variances by department
- Assist in the design and creation of monthly reporting tools and new financial reports
- Prepare and audit monthly metrics reports
- Monitor office expenses
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly reports tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Coordinate/Generate reports for financial activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Five years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel (Required)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or QB Online - 3 years (Required)
- Experience in FinancialForce (Nice to have)
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Experience in accounting and finance issues with business sense
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computation
- Work with some of the best Engineering talent on the planet.
- Competitive pay
- Start each Monday with premium coffee, bagels, donuts and shoot the breeze with the team
- Office coffee machine/snacks/candy/fruits/beverages
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Monthly happy hours
- Ergonomic chairs and Optional standing desks
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Palm Springs!