Project Manager (Mobile Application Development)
As a technical project manager with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a fast-paced, high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable engineers and amazing support staff. You will be responsible for managing a team of 2 to 4 engineers on client-based projects to deliver high quality software products. You will work closely with our clients to come up with development timelines that make sense for our team and for their initiatives. You will work closely with our incredibly capable engineers to iterate through builds and testing cycles. We believe in our Final 1%™ method: with every step, we ask our engineers what more can be done to improve the build.
- Client communication as well as customer/client satisfaction
- Project tool management: issue entering, prioritization, tracking/assignment, evaluating completeness
- Project testing and verification that deliverables are met
- Timeline creation and management as well as proposal development
- Documentation (project deliverables and client documentation)
- Resource management and focus allocation as well as intra-team communication
- Scope management and change order creation and approvals
- Obtain client sign-offs and track billing milestones
- Point of contact for project team (creative, engineering, client management)
- Management of independent contractors and vendors when applicable
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a relevant field.
- 5-7 years of software relevant experience
- At least 2 years of project management experience in software/mobile application development
- 2-3 years of software engineering experience is a plus
- Familiarity/experience in node.js, Objective-C, Swift, Golang, Java, Php, SQL
- Prior experience bringing mobile applications successfully to market
- Knowledge of Jira or other project management software
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working for a startup is a plus
At a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to company culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. We offer competitive salaries, industry-leading medical benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability, and an impressive 401K matching program.