As a technical product manager with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a fast-paced, high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable engineers and amazing support staff. You will collaborate with a team of 2 to 4 engineers on client-based projects to deliver high quality software products. You will work closely with our incredibly capable engineers to iterate through builds and testing cycles. We believe in our Final 1%™ method: with every step, we ask our engineers what more can be done to improve the build.
As a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to firm culture, project acquisition and retention, and team dynamics. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and huge potential to learn.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from product conceptualization, detailed requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and product release
- Own and develop the Product Requirements Document that specifies detailed functionality, required integrations, use cases and key metrics that need to be part of the product.
- Primary point of contact/escalation for existing clients to ensure issues are assigned and resolved in a timely fashion
- Facilitate product testing and verify that deliverables are met
- Collaborate with the both sales, marketing and the design teams to develop high level and/or detailed proposals, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate the product to clients.
- Conduct daily stand ups with engineering teams
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products while making constructive suggestions for change.
- Use customer and market research and data analysis to communicate product vision to management and various stakeholders.
- Manage scope and change order creation and approvals
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the industry: forecast opportunities, issues, strategies, and trends to help our business stay on the bleeding edge of innovation
- Have fun!
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of product management, SDLC, agile, scrum and business system analytics experience in the software industry.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence with key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, phone, chat, video conference
- Familiarity/experience in node.js, Objective-C, Golang, Android/iOS, Php, Magento is a benefit
- Agile project management experience
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or related applications
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience interfacing with clients is a benefit
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Extremely organized with excellent follow-up and sharp attention to details
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to learn and continuously improve
- Strong knowledge of the prominent mobile technologies
- Problem solving attitude with a tenacious passion for all things tech
- Results-oriented, highly productive, self-starter who is able to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, and have a strong work initiative
- Work onsite in our Culver City office
Work with some of the best Engineering talent on the planet.
Health - 100% Employer paid, no out of pocket monthly premiums (for employee only)
- PPO dental coverage
- PPO vision coverage
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) matching, up to 5% of base salary
- Start each Monday with premium coffee, bagels, donuts and shoot the breeze with the team
- Office coffee machine/snacks/candy/fruits/beverages
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Monthly happy hours
- Ergonomic chairs and Optional standing desks
- Annual company retreat - last year we went to Palm Springs!