Hybrid Mobile Applications Engineer
As an engineer with Swenson He, you will be expected to do well in a high impact environment surrounded by incredibly capable project managers, engineers and support staff. Expectations for the position include working independently with minimal guidance and supervision on technically challenging problems. As a leader in the internet of things (IoT) space, we are looking for a candidate who has deep experience in building connected devices. Our clients are multi-billion dollar companies that are asking us to innovate with them and help usher in the next age of mobile applications. We firmly believe in our Final 1%™method: With every step, we ask our engineers what more can be done to improve the build.
As a small firm, you will be able to contribute in a measurable way to our culture, project acquisition & retention, and team dynamics. You may also have the opportunity to work in other languages and frameworks if you so desire. In this role you will:
• Engineer Ionic hybrid mobile applications (Android/iOS) for connected devices with BLE.
• Review, develop and implement innovative features and functionality for tools and modules in Angular 2.
• Optimize and troubleshoot application code via automated functional and unit test suites for Cordova.
• Review commits for quality, security, scalability, and stability before they are committed to the live environment.
• Integrate with existing client work flows such as hardware and firmware teams.
• Evaluate & build on top of existing Ionic code bases and existing backend API specifications.
We’re excited about every single new member so we want genuinely passionate people who can become one of us from day one. We are looking for someone with a go-getter attitude and huge potential to learn, possessing the following skills:
• Minimum 2 years of Ionic experience
• Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• Fluent written and spoken English. Experience interfacing with clients is a plus
• Experience with agile methodologies and Git-based source control preferred
• Strong benefit to have native iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and native Android (Java) experience
• This is a 100% on-site role, with no remote possibility
• Must be able to pass background, drug, and reference checks
Work with some of the best Engineering talent on the planet.
Health - 100% Employer paid, no out of pocket monthly premiums (for employee only)
- Platinum-level HMO
- 24/7 teledoctor and prescription service
- PPO dental coverage
- PPO vision coverage
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) matching, up to 5% of base salary
- Start each Monday with premium coffee, bagels, donuts and shoot the breeze with the team
- Open, contemporary work space with 15 foot ceilings
- Office coffee machine/snacks/candy/fruits/beverages
- Weekly catered team lunches
- Monthly happy hours
- Ergonomic chairs and Optional standing desks
- Annual retreat - last year we rented a yacht, this year we went to Palm Springs!